You must correct the following errors to continue:
This workshop provides hands-on instruction to understand and utilize the basic concepts and skills needed to be productive when using Microsoft Excel.
Topic covered will include:
- Fundamentals: Getting around and workbook basics
- Creating Worksheets: Entering data, formulas, functions, moving and copying data, and reference types
- Formatting: Text and number formatting, alignment, borders, highlighting, and styles and themes
- Manipulating Data: Data entry shortcuts, paste options, inserting, deleting, and hiding
- Output: Manipulating worksheet windows, print layouts and printing options
- Templates: Downloading and using templates
All students will receive handouts and sample files to take home with them for continued practice.
Prerequisites: Students should be comfortable using a computer keyboard and mouse, but typing speed is not required.
This class is hands-on. Students must bring a laptop (and mouse) with MS Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 with them to class. Please ensure that Microsoft Excel is working properly and that your laptop has downloaded and incorporated the latest Windows updates prior to class. The class will be presented in MS Office 365 on Windows. Those using a Mac will notice a few differences with course material presented in Windows.