In this first course you will explore the history of beer and beer styles and how they have influenced cultures around the world. We will then explore how brewers and competition judges today evaluate beer for style appropriateness and both desired and undesired flavors and how you can practice sensory training at home. Modules covered in this course:
- A brief history of beer
- An overview of beer styles & cask beer
- Professional evaluation methods
- Spotting off flavors and their causes
- Supplemental reading, videos, and discussions
Enroll in the entire Craft Brewing Certificate at a discount!
You can add the entire Craft Brew Bundle to your cart (savings of $250) and either select your courses at checkout or log in at a later time to enroll at $0 fee for any courses you haven't taken toward the UNH Craft Brewing Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Craft Brewing Certificate : Required