This course was developed to give the user a better understanding of the cleaning methods appropriate for the removal of debris and chemicals, natural or manufactured, that can accumulate on a bridge. This course describes how to plan and execute a bridge cleaning operation considering best practices and introduces participants to environmental protection, maintenance of traffic, and safety requirements.
Target audience: The target audience for this training is the technician performing bridge cleaning; however, it is also good information for supervisors.
Learning outcomes: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List contaminants found on bridges;
- List the benefits of bridge cleaning;
- Describe the components of the bridge that need to be cleaned;
- Explain the environmental considerations when bridge cleaning; and
- List the steps in the bridge washing process.