You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The section PDT-BusHC-04 - 001 (Custom Section# 221083) is currently not available.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This program is scheduled as a face-to-face classroom training during the Fall 2020 semester, but may be moved online due to future recommendations for distance learning due to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Any updates will be posted on this page and all enrolled students will be notified by email of any anticipated curtailments.
130 Hour Program | 50 Hour Classroom | 80 Hour Clinical Externship (Optional)
Class Dates: September 28 - November 23, 2020, Mondays & Wednesdays (6:00pm-9:30pm)
This comprehensive 50 hour program will prepare students to work as a pharmacy technician in a retail or other pharmacy setting and to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s PTCB exam.
Course content includes: pharmacy medical terminology, the history of pharmacy, the pharmacy practice in multiple environments, pharmacy calculations and measurements, reading and interpreting prescriptions, and defining drugs by generic and brand names.
Through classroom lecture and hands on labs, students will review dosage calculations, drug classifications, the “top 200 drugs”, I.V. flow rates, sterile compounding, dose conversions, aseptic technique, the handling of sterile products, total parenteral nutrition (TPN), dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control and billing and reimbursement.
- 130 hour program includes 50 hours of classroom course contact and 80 hours of clinical externship.
- $1,599 tuition fee includes all textbooks and materials.
Education & Certification Information:
- National Certification: This program meets the necessary requirements to take the Pharmacy Technician Certified Board (PTCB) – Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB) exam.
- NWCA National Certification: This program meets the necessary requirements to take the National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Pharmacy Technician (PTAC) Exam.
Program offered in collaboration with Condensed Curriculum International
Questions? Contact Zainab Qari at email@example.com
You might also be interested in: