This 3rd course if focused on just two of the four main ingredients in beer: water and malted barley. Water makes up most of your beverage and its composition will influence the style you can create, or be manipulated to brew beer styles from around the world. Then we will look at barley from an agricultural perspective up through the malting process to understand how what happens at the malthouse is integral part of your recipe creation. Modules covered in this course:
- Brewing water sources and composition
- Brewing water adjustments and calculations
- Barley agriculture and varieties
- Malthouse operations and products
- Supplemental reading, videos, and discussions.
Enroll in the entire Craft Brewing Certificate at a discount!
You can add the entire Craft Brew Bundle to your cart (savings of $250) and either select your courses at checkout or log in at a later time to enroll at $0 fee for any courses you haven't taken toward the UNH Craft Brewing Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Craft Brewing Certificate : Required