Our fourth course completes the brewing ingredients 2 part series with hops and yeast. Hops historically provided a number of important aspects to our beer, namely preservative qualities. Today, they are the “spice” and aroma of our beer that brewers and customers can’t get enough of. Yeast, while being the tiniest portion of our beer, plays the largest role in its creation. This course will look at the varieties and selection of both, as well as how to best manage them for flavor and cost savings.
- Hop agriculture, biology, products, and evaluation
- How to use hops in recipes- chemistry, timing, and considerations
- Yeast biochemistry and sourcing
- Yeast management and calculating pitching rates
- Supplemental reading, videos, and discussions.
Enroll in the entire Craft Brewing Certificate at a discount!
You can add the entire Craft Brew Bundle to your cart (savings of $250) and either select your courses at checkout or log in at a later time to enroll at $0 fee for any courses you haven't taken toward the UNH Craft Brewing Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Craft Brewing Certificate : Required