For many of us, the COVID-19 pandemic led to unprecedented changes in the way we do business and function in our professional roles. Thanks to now-ubiquitous remote meeting tools like Zoom and Skype, we have newfound freedom to work from virtually anywhere. As we emerge from the pandemic, how do we navigate new work configurations and continue to demonstrate value that is known to the business?
This workshop is geared towards leaders who must adapt to these workstyle changes. Recent research shows that while employees report being more productive and prefer some remote work, leaders are not quite as positive as they grapple with how to maintain a work culture and build relationships for themselves and for their teams.
Whatever the preference, indications are that the hybrid model is the wave of the future: a recent Stanford University study shows 55% of employee respondents prefer the hybrid model going forward.
In the workshop, participants will generate concrete steps to identify their value and to balance technology and in-person modes to make their work visible. Intended takeaways include the following:
- Describe the overall work landscape emerging from the pandemic.
- Assess current value: what do they bring to their organizations?
- Assess external challenges: what are the positive and challenging trends impacting the industry, organization, and team?
- Put it together: articulate a value proposition that addresses 1-2 of the key organizational challenges, above.
- Assess current visibility at work and plan specific steps to enhance it.
- Give and receive feedback, generating ideas with classmates on how to optimize value and visibility.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Leadership & Management : Electives