Making the transition from staff member to supervisor can be especially challenging. This workshop addresses some of the challenges unique to the employee who has recently been promoted from within. Through self-assessment and case study discussion, you'll have the opportunity to determine your preferred supervisory style and identify ways to modify your style to bring out the best in others.
Discussion will focus on:
- Developing confidence and getting comfortable in your new role
- Assertiveness vs. command and control
- Gaining the respect of staff, peers and management; building credibility and influence
- Dealing with passive-aggressive or resistant employees
- Maintaining friendships with former peers (separating personal and business issues)