The use of Drupal as a website Content Management System (CMS) has become increasingly more popular in recent years. Often used by K-12 and higher education organizations, it is now spreading into the corporate and non-profit sectors as well.
In this hands-on workshop, we will look at what Drupal can offer your organization by building a website for a fictional animal shelter.
By the end of this training, you will understand:
- how to create, update, and delete content
- how to manage access (users, roles, and permissions)
- content types and fields - the basic building blocks of Drupal web pages
- views - lists of content
- modules - to add functionality
- themes - to control the look at feel of your site
- taxonomy - to classify and categorize your content
- how to create and manipulate menus
This is the perfect course for anyone who uses Drupal's interfaces to manage a website on behalf of an organization, or anyone who is interested in learning more about how Drupal's fundamentals work. Beginners with little to no technical Drupal experience are welcome.
Students need to bring a laptop, PC or Mac, with them to class.
Course Fee: $269.00 tuition (non-credit)