The use of Drupal as a website Content Management System (CMS) has become increasingly more popular in recent years. Often used by K-12 and higher education organizations, it is now spreading into the corporate and non-profit sectors as well.
In this hands-on workshop, we will look at what Drupal can offer your organization by building a website for a fictional animal shelter.
By the end of this training, you will understand:
- how to create, update, and delete content
- how to manage access (users, roles, and permissions)
- content types and fields - the basic building blocks of Drupal web pages
- views - lists of content
- modules - to add functionality
- themes - to control the look at feel of your site
- taxonomy - to classify and categorize your content
- how to create and manipulate menus
This is the perfect course for anyone who uses Drupal's interfaces to manage a website on behalf of an organization, or anyone who is interested in learning more about how Drupal's fundamentals work.
Students need to bring a laptop, PC or Mac, with them to class.