This workshop provides hands-on instruction to understand and utilize the basic concepts and skills needed to be productive when using Microsoft Word.
Topic covered will include:
- Fundamentals: Getting around, creating and viewing document
- Formatting: Formatting characters and paragraphs, Quick Styles, and making lists
- Document Setup: Page layout, proofing documents, printing, headers, footers, and templates
- Graphics: Inserting and formatting pictures, and picture layout
- Tables: Creating and formatting tables
All students will receive a Microsoft Word 2016: Level 1 workbook to use during class, and to take home with them for continued practice.
Prerequisites: Students should be comfortable using a computer keyboard and mouse, but typing speed is not required.
This class is hands-on. Students must bring a laptop (and mouse) with MS Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 with them to class. Please ensure that Microsoft Word is working properly and that your laptop has downloaded and incorporated the latest Windows updates prior to class.