Do you know what value you bring to your organization? Many people are hyper-aware of their strengths and value only when looking for work and limit that discussion to the job interview. They know how to get the job, yet over time forget that managing their value and being visible is even more important to keep the job.
Consider what would happen when leadership seeks to develop new products or explore new market niches and considers current workers to staff those innovations. Will you be on the short list because your accomplishments are known? Or will you be overlooked because you completed your tasks yet kept a low profile, believing that the work would speak for itself? Especially in today’s blended work environment, it’s smart to be deliberate about managing your value and taking steps to be appropriately visible at work, in person and online.
This class will be conducted in two sessions on Zoom, a week apart, with pre-work and a self-assessment tool to enhance awareness of current levels of visibility. As a bonus, the instructor will facilitate small group coaching sessions after class to support participants’ action plans.
Upon completing this full day workshop, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize signs of not knowing your value and differentiate value from job performance
- Adopt the self-employed mindset and see how to serve your employer, your #1 customer
- Define your value proposition, connecting your strengths to solve organizational problems
- Take steps to enhance your visibility at work, whether in the workplace or remotely
- Prepare and conduct a value-based conversation with your leader
- Develop an action plan to build your value and visibility