This workshop builds on the basic concepts and skills learned in Introduction to Microsoft Excel (Level 1) and introduces tools for analysis of complex data.
Topic covered will include:
- Managing Workbooks: Summarizing and working with multiple worksheets.
- Named Ranges: Using names in formulas
- Summarizing Data: Consolidation and subtotals
- Formulas: Logical and Lookup formulas that use criteria to find and calculate data; consolidate, separate and modify text imported from your ERP software
- Tables: Sorting, filtering tables, structured references, table formulas
- Intro to Charts: Creating and modifying charts, sparklines, quick analysis and Smart Art
- Intro to PivotTables: Creating and formatting, manipulating, and summarizing
All students will receive handouts and sample files to take home with them for continued practice.
Prerequisites: Students should have taken Introduction to Microsoft Excel (Level 1), or already be familiar with the concepts covered within the workshop.
This class is hands-on. Students must bring a laptop (and mouse) with MS Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 with them to class. Please ensure that Microsoft Excel is working properly and that your laptop has downloaded and incorporated the latest Windows updates prior to class. The class will be presented in MS Office 365 on Windows. Those using a Mac will notice a few differences with course material presented in Windows.
Course Fee: $269.00 tuition (non-credit)