This program has been approved for 6 Category A Continuing Education Credits, with 2 of those Category A CEUS in Suicide Prevention by the National Association of Social Workers, NH Chapter, Auth. #3633
This full day workshop will review best practices for in-school screening level assessment and more in-depth community-based clinical evaluation of children, adolescents and young adults when there is concern about elevated risk to self and/or interpersonal violence.
- Defining at-risk groups and review of risk and protective factors.
- Clarifying the indications/contraindications for school initiated screening and referral for community-based clinical assessment
- Best Practices: Evaluation of Non-Suicidal Self-Harm and Suicidal Thinking/Behavior.
- Best Practices: Evaluation of Interpersonal Violent Thinking/Behavior.
- Indications and Contraindications for Outpatient and Inpatient Mental Health Treatment. Admission.
- Facilitating Access to Community-based Mental Health Emergency and Outpatient Services.
- Interface of school, community agencies and the legal system in addressing the needs of at risk students.
- Question and Answer
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Coaching Children & Teens : Electives