Workshop Goal: Develop an action plan to make retirement happen as everyone should have this choice.
- Many 50-60 year olds think about retirement but are unsure as to when and especially how to make it happen.
- Far too many 20-30-40 year-olds are not properly set up to have that choice.
- Too many financial advisors talk only about money. Many of those advisors do not talk about you or your personal goals for retirement which may cost less than you think!
This hands-on workshop will have each individual leave with an action plan and budget regardless of current age, career status or financial position. We'll also revisit the perspective of the word "retirement" as today's generation are living much longer, are much more active and are starting new careers in their 70's, 80's and beyond! Topics include:
First, the non-financial side:
- What do you want to do with the rest of your life?
- Where do you want to travel and/or live both seasonally and permanently?
- What new endeavors and interests do you want to pursue?
And then, the financial side:
- How much will the above cost?
- Analyze and compare your current streams of income and month-to-month expenses.
- Analyze your current assets and liabilities.
- Analyze your future income, expense flow and asset management options.
- How/where to make changes to give you the option to pursue this "next career".
And finally, develop your customized time line, budget and plan. For most individuals and couples it’s a puzzle of sorts; learn how to piece together your personal and financial puzzle.
- Make the necessary income, spending and asset management changes.
- Establish a specific first year and long-term budget (example/template provided).
- Enjoy every day of your life to the fullest!